Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Is Samsung TV model T27B550EW compatible with amazon prime

Is Samsung TV model T27B550EW compatible with amazon prime Video
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes, any TV that has a HDMI port will work with the Amazon Fire Stick to give you Amazon prime, it just needs a HDMI port which this TV has
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a fire stick. The app is already on my tv screen. It won't stream. I player will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a fire stick. The app is on my tv screen. It won't stream but BBC IPlayer will.
What happens when you try to open the App?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
amazonvideo logo comes on then it goes to a customer supportr web site, this I have tried, but I'm not getting any where.
has it worked before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
ok whats the exact message it is giving you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you are having a problem with our service and require customer support, please go to: ***** ***** also gives a list of initials and numbers.
What is the make and model of your internet modem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BTHome Hub2-PSKT --044023
BT Home Spot-27H
On the back of the hub is a reset button
Hold this in for 10 seconds then release.
Then wait 5 minutes and remove the power to the TV
Wait 1 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me if the app now works please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done all that but still not working. I noticed it is on the Samsung app site for free to try for 30 days. you had to sign in with your email address and past word but there is no key board there to use and I am already a member of Amazon Prime.
ok, we will reset the TV to new, this will remove all data and return it to new like you just received it so you can setup and use it again.
To do this Go to the Reset menu. (Support → Self Diagnosis → Reset)
Set up the TV and let me know if Prime now works please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We can't reset without a pin and are trying to contact samsung re this.
try 0000 or 1234
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have spoken to samsung .We have factory reset the tv and have now to wait for 20 mins before turning back on. We were going to try the numbers you suggested but they were very prompt on answering!
ok thanks, ***** ***** know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not responding .Same message coming up.
ok, then something has changed on the TV or App to make it incompatible, we have now ruled everything out and confirmed this.
you will need to get the firestick and plug this in, it is not too expensive and you can get it here
Click me to open
you then plug this into the HDMI port on your TV and you will get access to Amazon Prime again, but you will need to know use this device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. We will get a fire stick,
your welcome!