Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Is Samsung TV model T27B550EW compatible with amazon prime

Customer Question

Is Samsung TV model T27B550EW compatible with amazon prime Video
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes, any TV that has a HDMI port will work with the Amazon Fire Stick to give you Amazon prime, it just needs a HDMI port which this TV has
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a fire stick. The app is already on my tv screen. It won't stream. I player will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a fire stick. The app is on my tv screen. It won't stream but BBC IPlayer will.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you try to open the App?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
amazonvideo logo comes on then it goes to a customer supportr web site, this I have tried, but I'm not getting any where.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
has it worked before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok whats the exact message it is giving you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are having a problem with our service and require customer support, please go to: ***** ***** also gives a list of initials and numbers.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the make and model of your internet modem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTHome Hub2-PSKT --044023
BT Home Spot-27H
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the back of the hub is a reset button
Hold this in for 10 seconds then release.
Then wait 5 minutes and remove the power to the TV
Wait 1 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me if the app now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done all that but still not working. I noticed it is on the Samsung app site for free to try for 30 days. you had to sign in with your email address and past word but there is no key board there to use and I am already a member of Amazon Prime.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we will reset the TV to new, this will remove all data and return it to new like you just received it so you can setup and use it again.
To do this Go to the Reset menu. (Support → Self Diagnosis → Reset)
Set up the TV and let me know if Prime now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can't reset without a pin and are trying to contact samsung re this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
try 0000 or 1234
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have spoken to samsung .We have factory reset the tv and have now to wait for 20 mins before turning back on. We were going to try the numbers you suggested but they were very prompt on answering!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not responding .Same message coming up.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then something has changed on the TV or App to make it incompatible, we have now ruled everything out and confirmed this.
you will need to get the firestick and plug this in, it is not too expensive and you can get it here
Click me to open
you then plug this into the HDMI port on your TV and you will get access to Amazon Prime again, but you will need to know use this device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. We will get a fire stick,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome!