Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have successfully copied still images captured on an SD card

I have successfully copied still images captured on an SD card in my Panasonic FX100 via a card reader to an iPad Air 2. I cannot, however, copy moving images from my Panasonic SD9D camcorder to the iPad. Is some form of conversion required?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The Card reader only works with the photo app and the app cannot read the video format from the camera.
You would need to convert it on your computer to either an AVI, MOV or MP4 file and then you could put it onto the iPad.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. Is one of the three formats that you mention preferable for an iPad? I have Googled 'AVCHD to MP4 conversion' and a number of software programmes are shown. I do not have the knowledge to select a suitable one and cannot find any reviews to consult. Are you able to guide me?
Hoping you may be able to advise.Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You may not have received the above. I shall click on send again.