Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have just bought a Panasonic Viera TX-55CX400B 55 inch

Customer Question

I have just bought a Panasonic Viera TX-55CX400B 55 inch Ultra HD 4k Smart 3D, looks fantastic but it has a loud buzzing coming from it. It is not related to the speakers as it is still there when sound is on mute. I currently have a Humax box, Blu Ray Player and Xbox connected.
Can you provide a solution to this problem please.
Nig
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with TV. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Please turn Off all connected devices/ sources to TV to see if buzzing noise stop?Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still there with everything turned off. It is high pitched
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, please turn Off the TV as the buzzing sound would be coming from backlight inverter board due to some internal issue. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ShahidI bought this from the EBay Panasonic Outlet, with a years warranty. Have you heard of any issues with regard to their service or TV's.?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No, it is uncommon issue in TV that is why suggested to return it to get replacement TV as any other attempt requires to take off back cover of TV and it will void the warranty so best option is to get another TV.I hope this info will help.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When playing with the Backlight adjuster and increasing it to 100 it seems to stop the problem but only for a second. It does appear to be linked to the Backlight. Any way that a software update would fix this or is it possible to disable Backlight (would that affect the TV picture?)
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Disabling the backlight will turn the screen dark and no image will be visible. I wish there was software upgrade for this problem which is hardware related and probably requires backlight inverter board replacement in TV, since TV is under warranty then it should be covered by supplier, please contact the supplier and ask them to send another TV.Thanks.