Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a new tx-48cx400b 4K tv. The sound has just stopeed

We have a new tx-48cx400b 4K tv. The sound has just stopeed working. No mute and connections are fine. No sound through sky+ box or dvd player or online things like youtube and netflix.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with TV. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV was unplugged overnight and the sound was lost yesterday evening. The sky+box wasn't unplugged so will do that now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged both TV and Sky+box - still no sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please press Menu and go to Setup menu and check Speaker (would be last option in list), what settings you get there? TV or Amplifier etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please go to Install and Retune menu option, (it is next to Setup menu) and select First Time Installation option, this will restore TV to default settings and initial setup screen will come up, go through it to finish the setup process and check if you get sound from TV speakers?If problem persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue in TV. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The installation option has disappeared from the main menu options. Now only have picture. sound, setup and media player
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, please select TV as source by pressing Input button to get Install and Retune menu option enabled and try it out.Other inputs such as HDMI or AV or Component video etc will disable this option.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
On your TV remote Input button would be labeled as TV below the #7 button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no option for installation on the main menu.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, what video input options appear on list when press TV button on remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when the TV button is pressed. There is a sources list button for input options I assume, of which there are 8 : EXT1 , Side AV, hdmi1,2, 3 and 4, ypbbr and vga/pc.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
TV option is still missing in that source list, please press any numeric button like 2 or 5 or 7 etc to get the TV set on TV tuner mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number buttons bring up a blue box on screen with info: Hdmi 1 V:50hZ 190X1080i
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Are you using Panasonic remote came with the TV or it is Sky remote?Please use Panasonic TV remote to get the TV on TV source mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am. I haven't touched the sky remote yet.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd and I'm surprised by this TV as TV tuner option should appear in input source list and it seems TV has got internal issue that is why no sound output nor TV source appear. Please return the TV to get replacement one as it would be under warranty.Thanks.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. Suspected this would be needed, but wanted to avoid if possible. This is already a replacement for one bought a week ago that kept turning itself to standby. Will be exchanging it for a different model........
Thanks for trying
Tim