Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Had power surge and fuses tripped in on fuse box Tried to

had power surge and fuses tripped in on fuse box Tried to turn on television and it is flashing 3 red flashes by two second pause Have unplugged from mains all devises and tried to restart everything. When switch on get a steady red light and if we press the power on button aa greed light comes on for a second or two and then the red starts flashing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with TV. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kdl-40s2010
Sky TV
TV aerial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just on tele
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, flashing red light indicates an error and number of times shows problem section so please recheck how many times the red light blinks, pauses and repeats the blink pattern.This info will help to diagnose the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 flashes then pause
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any look
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting, 3 times flashing light indicates 3.3 or 2.5V failure to Trident chip on main board and it needs to replace B Board (where HDMI and VGA input is located) in TV which will help to resolve the issue. Please click following link to view B Board image..http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/a/1/a1169594h.jpgSince TV is bit old model so it could be tough to get replacement B Board and at that point I would recommend to go for new TV instead of spending money and time on this old TV repair. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.