Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a ue22F54 Samsung smart TV about 2 years old. I

I have a ue22F54 Samsung smart TV about 2 years old.
I am having difficulty with the iplayer It was working satisfactorily but the TV tells me that there is something wrong and it is to do with speed/buffering. My broadband speed is around 3.5 and my I pad works much better on I player although still buffers slowly.
I had to change my router fairly recently but I am fairly sure the problems existed after the new router was ok.
I have checked out with my provider and my speed is normal for asdl and my internet etc is working. The provider suggested it could be to d with a change of channel on the TV.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tired to run Network Setup in TV menu to establish fresh connection with router that might help?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried but I don't really have much knowledge so my failure may not mean much. I probably need a step by step guide while I am working with the TV in question.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, can you please get me the complete model number off of your TV to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose as ue22F54 seems incomplete. Also, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check how the iplayer works now?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A further note to my earlier one. I will unpug and re-plug the TV in the way you have suggested. I will also track down online the Samsung manual. Meanwhile the exact model number on the back of the TV is- UE22F5410AKXXU Version 01I will not be on my laptop until about 4pm today. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . I have tried to download a manual but can't seem to find the correct web site. Apparently it is a LED TV.
I have to be out for an hour but if tomorrow suits you better that is ok by me. Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
That would be fine, we can continue it by tomorrow.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rashid,My laptop has being updating most of the morning and I didn't want to stop in the process. I am out until 4 and then in lbut busy. Could we leave this until next week? I will be around in the mornings. Thanks Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem Mike, please take your time and we can continue it at later in your convenient time.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I might have lost what I have just typed. Can you confirm that you have received my message of a few moments ago. If so it is incomplete. Thanks Rashid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rashid,Just in case my last message went somehow astray I will rewrite it.I have done some more investigations myself. I watched i player on three devices, and in the same place, and at two different times. Midday and evening. The speeds were between 2.2 and 3.5. slower in the evening.I have checked the network settings on the five smart devices and they are all the same for Subnet, Router,DNS and Http proxy (0ff). Only the last digit is different on each. The I.P. on the TV is 192.168.0.7 The rest are 192.168.0. followed by 3,5,6 7. I assume my laptop is 4.But I cant find the detail in my Windows 10 settings.It would seem that it is probably not a fault in the TV as the I player and laptop are also having a similar if not as severe problems..My provider Plusnet tell me that my speed of around 3 should be sufficient as that is a common speed.
I look forward to your comments.I have to be out shortly but I available later.Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, if problem occurs on other devices too then it is your internet speed issue, please ask your internet provider to increase the speed (for example; 5mb or 8mb etc) to see if it fix the iplayer streaming problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Does it appear to you from the facts and figures I have given you that is almost certainly a speed problem? In any case I will try the provider again. Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes Mike, since problem isn't TV specific then it is definitely internet speed issue, I would recommend to turn off other things connected to same router as all those things share the speed then check iPlayer on TV, I hope it will work fine as long as no other device isn't sharing speed from router.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rashid,
I will try that. If that is successful and I dont want the bother of having to turn off other devices when watching TV, is it advisable to up the speed with my provider? Would a booster in another place ie the TV room, improve the connectivity.? I have a newish Netgear router. I see that they have various devices Thanks Mike.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
My above suggestion was just a test to make sure it is speed issue and once it got confirmed then can get better speed bundle from provider. If router is located far from TV then booster will help.Thanks.