Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Sony Bravia TV normally works well. Intermittently the

Customer Question

My Sony Bravia TV normally works well. Intermittently the screen blacks out for 10-15 seconds and then reverts to normal. Is it wearing out?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It looks like the backlight or power board is failing.
Can you disconnect the power plug from the power socket then hold the power button on the actual TV for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power and turn on the TV.
Tell me if you still get the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as requested. TV works but I cannot tell if this is any better as the fault is only intermittent
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if the fault occurs, it is likely to be the power board that is at fault or the backlight, but nearly always the powerboard.
I advise to monitor it and if the problem occurs again, you are going to have to return the TV to have a diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this is not helpful. I had hoped for some information from Sony rather than become involved with your enterprise and pressure to take up a continuing expense. End of communication.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is no continuing expenses needed, so I am not sure what you mean.
I am not sure what you also mean with this not being helpful as you have not even seen if the problem has been resolved.
I am sorry but I am a but confused by such a hostile response after getting the information you required.
What seems to be the cause of this as it is very surprising and your response about hoping for information does not quite make sense as I detailed exactly whats going on.