Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic Model TXP42G30B 42 inch, have changed psu, but will

Panasonic Model TXP42G30B 42 inch, have changed psu, but will still not turn on, any ideas!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does power light on TV turn On or blink when press power button on TV?- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, green power light on, tv 4 years old, problem started in last two weeks, am trying to help an elderly couples tv to work, does not respond to manual buttons on side or react to remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- Does power light turn to red after some time or stays green as long as TV is plugged in?- Does the power button on TV work to turn On the TV/ power light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light stays green power switch is working and turns green light on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does screen glow/ shows any light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No glow or back light on screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
TV has builtin self diagnostic feature that can detects several errors/ issues and power light will turn to red and start flashing to present specific blink code. Since power light stays green but screen is black which is quite odd symptoms and points to main processor board failure where main controller chip is mounted and controls all the functions of TV including self diagnostic system, it seems main controller chip is unable to detect any error or the problem is beyond its capability.Apparently problem seems with scan boards (SN & SS) failure that provides drive volts to display panel to produce light/ image but this process also controls by main board (known as A Board) so I would go for A Bard replacement in TV as first step to resolve this problem. Please get the part number off of A board found in TV to search/ google it to get price info to order it. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement unit. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.