Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

During copying, I removed a damaged sheet of A4 from my Epson

Customer Question

During copying, I removed a damaged sheet of A4 from my Epson Stylus DX8400. Thereafter it went through the correct motions of copying, but the copying paper comes out blank.
Are you able to get it working again?
Much obliged.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Peter,Can you tell me please what steps you have already taken to try to correct this?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I sent a message to your help desk informing that the computer would not allow me to type a message, and the option to telephone was also not working. I asked them to contact me, but have heard nothing. You have not contacted me either, since requesting more information. Fortunately, while demonstrating the problem to a friend, I now find that the computer software allows me to type messages.
To answer your question... The printer was not connected to the computer, and I was attempting to use the "copy" facility, when a sheet of copy paper became screwed up in the rollers.I switched off the machine, and opened the canopy. I encountered more difficulty than normal in extracting the paper, which was torn in the process.
I resumed the copying process with fresh paper. The sounds and procedures were as normal, but the copy paper emerged in blank.
I have done this several times, both yesterday and today, switching off the machine in between times to see if this would clear the problem.
Incidentally, I have had a lot of corruption while trying to type this narrative....If you do not receive a quick response, it is probably because your system has locked me out again. Please telephone me on 01483 721996.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, I have received the message.
As the first step, please remove the power to the printer by unplugging it from the power socket, then wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power, turn on the printer and tell me if it now copies please.