Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My iPad screen is showing patches of green?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs it only on some spots on the iPad? Apart from the patches of green, the iPAd is still functioning?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks RichardThe email page is fine. The calender is also good. Maps is working well.The camera screen is all green and flashing.It seems that the green appears in photos but not in lettering. iPlayer is all green flickering.I hope this helps you resolve the problem?Gordon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As the first step, please hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo, then release.
Then let the iPad restart and tell me if you still have the issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and the apple appeared on a full green screen background. Also when I opened the iPad the green problem was exactly the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal LCD screen that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out now
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the iPad to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks, ***** ***** am going to get a second opinion from a local shop later today. I am then happy to rate you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shop has confirmed the problem!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes as I knew they would, I have been doing this since iPads came out, so stand by the answers I give, but understand you wanting a second opinion.
Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the rating.