Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Sony TV is stuck in white screen with the letters TMP =

My Sony TV is stuck in white screen with the letters TMP = 31.0 ( THIS NUMBER CHANGES) and Tim = 0 I have tried to reset, the model is kdl55 hx853
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there John and welcomeCan you tell me please exactly how you attempted the reset?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I carried ou a reset as per the sony website by unplugging the TV leaving it for 40 seconds, plugging back in and when the display comes on holding the up arrow on the remote whilst using the power switch on the side of the tv, I also called sony technical support, went through a number of reset procedures with them and sent them a photo of the screen, they have told me to take it to a Sony service centre.Regards
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the correct procedure.
It is the mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to the service center to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
To find the service center closest to you, please call 0207(###) ###-####
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.