Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Where I can get

Customer Question

Where I can get a dongle for smart tv model ue40es5500?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Are you looking for an a Wi-Fi / wireless dongle / adapter?Can I provide you the website where you can purchase the Wi-Fi adapter device for your TV online?Also, can you please confirm that there is an Ethernet/network port on the TV?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there's a port on TV ; I provided the model Samsung smart tv 2012 I live in Ireland and hope to purchase before Christmas.
Thank you. Sorry, yes, I'd just like to confirm it. Can I provide you the model of the wifi adapter you can check if it's available in your local computer / electronics stores?And can I also provide you the website where you can purchase the Wi-Fi adapter device for your TV online?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you can you provide all you've outlined and can you also confirm the cost of this advice please?
You're welcome. What you need is a Wi-Fi to Ethernet adapter, such as the Netgear Universal WiFi adapter model WNCE2001; it costs about £15 to £30. Here is one:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Universal-WiFi-Internet-Adapter-WNCE2001-/151916223678http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XWNCE2001.TRS0&_nkw=WNCE2001&_sacat=0Basically, after setting up the adapter, then you connect the adapter to the TV's Ethernet/network port, then you will get Wi-Fi / wireless connection on the TV (by choosing Ethernet option).More info:http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-WNCE2001/dp/B003KPBRRWDo you have any further question for now?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you misunderstand my request...I have an Internet modem but need a dongle for my 2012 Samsung smart tv; apparently newer models have this facility buil in...what I'm being told is that I need a stick to insert to my tv to enable the wifi be received by tv,...also can you tell me cost of this advice please?
I'm sorry. I think I understand your request. You have an Internet modem, and you want Wi-Fi/wireless internet access on the TV right? If so, then the adapter I've provided you will provide wi-fi connection for the TV if your modem is wireless.What's the brand/model of the Internet modem?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Also, I know Samsung sold their own Wi-Fi sticks for this TV model previously, but Samsung don't make these Wi-Fi sticks any more. That's why I'm providing you an alternate WiFi stick / model. I've done this previously, so I know it will work. This Wi-Fi adapter will allow you to receive Wi-Fi connection from your wireless Internet modem/router device. Please read full description athttp://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-WNCE2001/dp/B003KPBRRWDo you still have any further question or concern about this?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** presume I won't need additional connectors or cables? Also can u clarify cost of this advice please....
You're welcome. Yes, that's correct; you don't need any additional cable; it already comes with an Ethernet cable and a power cable.I'm the technician, so I'll have our customer service (from JustAnswer) emails you about the billing either; if you have any concern later, you can always reply back any time.If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,