Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Screen mirroring from galaxy s6 edge to samsung ue55ju6500

Customer Question

Screen mirroring from galaxy s6 edge to samsung ue55ju6500 comes back with message failed to connect was working fine before, now for some reason not working, before their was no number code to enter now there is and when you enter the code just comes back with message failed to connect?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
kindleThank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the S6 and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the S6 and connect it to the TV.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi richard tried that still the same not working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you now remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket) and power off the phone.Then wait 5 minutes and power on the TVThen wait 5 minutes, power on the phone and tell me if it will now connect please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that, Still no joy
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What steps are you taking to mirror the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From the pull down menu i click on Quick connect and then the "mobile tv to device"
After which i get a pop up asking me to enter code which my tv is showing in a pop up after i enter the code just comes back with failed to connect
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, install this patch fro the play store on the phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.screenmirroringpatch&hl=en
And once applied tell me if it then works please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done that, the patch has the message under *state* patch is NOT needed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on the phone go to Settings, Applications, and swipe to the list All.
Locate Google Services Framework, press it and press Clear Data.
Restart the phone and tell me if it then mirrors please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just done that, still same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We will then have to do a reset of both devices to rule out any firmware issues.
This will remove all data and return the phone and TV to new but this cannot be avoided so first backup any data on your phone you need (you should be doing this anyway).
then on the phone go to settings, backup and reset, Factory reset.
Complete the reset and setup the phone again. Once done, on the TV go to Settings, Reset and perform a reset.
Setup the TV again and once done try to connect to two.
Let me know the results please