Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My LG LED Smart TV 47" ( Model 47LN578V) has lost picture and

My LG LED Smart TV 47" ( Model 47LN578V) has lost picture and sound.
When powered up the LG icon displays only for a split second before the screen blacks out.
It's two years old. any ideas please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please shine a good flashlight on TV screen while it is power On, do you get dim/ faint image inside screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No faint image seen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does power light stay On as if TV is On?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it does
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, one more test will help to diagnose the issue.Does screen stay lit/ show backlight after the LG logo disappear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its just a black screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. There are two things suspected in TV for this kind of symptoms, either main board isn't working due to internal failure OR few backlight LEDs inside display panel have shorted and causing to shutdown the backlight system that made screen dark. Main board swapping it only option here to verify the bad thing, if new main board doesn't fix the issue then it is bad display panel (screen) which would not be an economical repair unless you got extended warranty when purchased this TV to get the screen replacement under warranty.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for the help and diagnostic info Shahid its useful.
Stuart