Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I own a Garmin Nuvi 1340 which i purchased in 2012 which included

i own a Garmin Nuvi 1340 which i purchased in 2012 which included lifetime updates included in the price. i have updated it as they have becom available without a problem.
However, having tried to install the latest update, Western Europe 2161 20, i keep getting error loading update at the end of the update. I have tried reinstalling the update with no success, getting the same error message each time. when i try to use the sat nav, the maps don't match the directions. According to the Nuvi express programme, it is software version 6.30. The serial no of the unit is26AO96951.
Please Help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the exact error that you receive when you try to do the update?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Map graphics don't load.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We will need to attempt to reset the device so the firmware can be reloaded, and then try to use it again.
To do the reset
Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
Release the power button when the device powers ON
You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
Touch Yes
Let it complete and tell me if it is now functioning correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Working properly now. Will try solution again if it does it again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.