Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer - Kodak esp 1.2 will copy a document but will not

Customer Question

My printer - Kodak esp 1.2 will copy a document but will not print a document from the computer.
Can you help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Has it printed before from this computer? And does it connect to the computer via wireless or via a usb cable?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, it has always done so previously for about 2 years.Connected to computer via wireless
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
What happens now when you try to print?
which version of windows are you using and what is the make and model of your wifi router?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would prefer to talk it through.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No problem, then we can continue here, please reply to the questions I asked.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
AOL Broadband router wireless NADSL2+
Windows 9.7
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, there is no windows 9.7, you mean 7?
And What happens now when you try to print?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, yes it is 7If I try to print a document from the computer, the usual "printing" message comes up with the with the circles underneath, but nothing happens on the printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was not able to do what was suggested as my computer crashed. When got back on line, everything I had been trying to print spewed out of the printer and it has continued to work ever since.