Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When I press source to access DVD, I get the message " no video

When I press source to access DVD, I get the message " no video available" and the dvd will not work. I have a dvd in the television which I can't get out. I have switched off and on but it's still the same.
Help!!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the TV with the problem please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ToshibaLCD COLVD Combo.
32DV502B
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you unplug the TV from the power socket and then hold the power button on the TV for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power to the TV and power it on and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that. By power button do you mean the red or green light that comes on? I can't find an actual button to press. Nothing has changed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes that is it.
IT can be then that the DVD is jammed in the slot, try turning off the unit and before starting it up, put another DVD in the slot to put a little pressure on the stuck DVD for a second or so as the unit starts up. This can get it to come out.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, still not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will then be DVD motor or mainboard in the TV that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have a diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.