Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Toshiba REGZA 37" TV was working perfectly on Sat. evening.

Customer Question

My Toshiba REGZA 37" TV was working perfectly on Sat. evening. On going to bed I switched off via the remote and at the electrical power socket.
Yesterday my wife switched on at the power socket and the set immediately came to life, with channel 5 displayed.
There was no response from any control on the remote - no programme change, no volume control, no on-off. I have checked the batteries in the remote - OK
It seems to be locked into channel 5.
Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you change the channel on the TV itself, as opposed to the remote, does it then respond and change channels?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - the buttons seem to be working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you remove the power to the TV please (so unplug it from the power socket) and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me if it now responds to the remote.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately - no
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the remote control that has faulted. If you have confirmed the batteries work then it is this.
You can purchase a replacement one from my link below
Click me to open
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.