Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My tv wont switch on - green power light comes on then as screen

my tv wont switch on - green power light comes on then as screen starts to warm on power immediately to red standby flashing then off ? can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power to the TV by unplugging it from the power socket.
Then hold the power button on the actual TV (not the remote) for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the TV and try to turn it on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disconnected TV power cable - held down tv on switch for 60 secs - waited 10 min with power cable out holding then plugged in powerr cable to TV - switched tv on again using tv on switch has not worked sigh :-(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal powerboard that has faulted.
Residue power can cause this but we have ruled this out which confirms the power board as the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help - sadly warrenty has long since expired 2007 - happy christmas
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thats a pity. A repair is not worth it if its that old and with TV's the price they are.
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces then submit.
And you too a happy christmas and all the best in 2016!