Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

WHEN i switch the Tyros on the lights don't come on. It makes

wHEN i switch the Tyros on the lights don't come on. It makes a sort of siren noise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is the Power Supply board that has an issue. The light comes on and that indicates that the part of the psu that starts the light is still working, but one or more of the remaining outputs aren't working correct. It will be one or more dried-out capacitors which will be the culprit.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, else get a cost for the parts and labor first to decide if it is worth it to your to have repaired or replace it.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is no longer covered,how do I get a cost for repair, and do engineers come out to fix
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you would need to contact a Music store in your area to get a costing for the price and if they are able to repair this.
Usually they do not come out to home visits, but this would depend on the particular store itself and its policy.
Where in the UK are you located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm in Lympne near Folkestone CT214PW