Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Our Sharp UP 810F cash register is showing 'RAM ERR' message

Our Sharp UP 810F cash register is showing 'RAM ERR' message on the screen and nothing works. Is this to do with the back up battery and where is it located. Also how does one reset the machine?
John.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,"RAM ERR" means that the battery has gone flat or it is faulty.If the battery is over three years old, have it replaced (with a similar internal rechargeable type).The battery is located inside the compartment on the side of the cash register.The machine will reset when the battery is replaced. Hope you have a Happy Christmas :)Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the battery definitely located in the side of the till - as it's not obvious at first sight. There is a panel for a multi connector and one with a reset button. Our till is connected to a separate printer unit does that make any difference?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
The battery compartment is usually discreetly located on the left side of the cash register - can you attach a photo of both sides so I can check for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
I have photos on my mobile - have you a mobile number I can send them to?John.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
You can attach the photos here using the paperclip icon, or you can email them to***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have e-mailed photo's. Have you received them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you looked at photo's I sent? Any comments?John.