Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cannot get my Panasonic tx-48c300b to find any channels at

I cannot get my Panasonic tx-48c300b to find any channels at first installation
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is the TV connected to aerial for local channels OR any satellite box and you use satellite remote to change channels?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv is connected by hdmi cable to virgin media box and we will use virgin remote to change channels once the tv can find them
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, is it first time TV connection setup with Virgin media box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes tv was delivered today and we connected it all up ourselves
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please check what HDMI input of TV is hooked to Virgin box, need to read the label of that HDMI input then select it by pressing source button on TV remote. If still no picture appears then please replug HDMI cable in TV and Virgin box to make sure it is plugged securely and tight and check.If problem still persist then reboot the Virigin box, unplug its power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in to reboot it which may take several minutes and check how it worked.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rebooted virgin box and te plugged hdmi cable still no pictures do I have to manually scan for channels
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No, channel scan will only work if TV is connected to an aerial for local channels, since Virgin box is video source hoked into HDMI input of TV then channel scan isn't necessary nor it will work, all it needs to select correct video input source (HDMI-1 or 2 etc whatever is hooked to) to get picture on TV.Please try other HDMI inputs of TV by pressing Source button on TV remote OR plug HDMI cable in different input of TV such as HDMI-1 or 3 etc. If problem still persist then please try different HDMI cable/ cord as existing one could be internally broken/ damaged and can cause of the problem.Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are a star. I have changed the tv hdmi 1 and result we have picture sound and everything. Amazing thank you I am going to rate you a Million stars now. Have a great Xmas.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved.Merry Christmas to you!Shahid.