Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have Panasonic TX L32E6B tv which keeps switching itself off/standbye.

Have Panasonic TX L32E6B tv which keeps switching itself off/standbye. Only way to get it back on is to manually switch on/off button on rear of set until it resets and comes back on? Single red flashing light (once every 10sec approx) when problem occurs.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- How long the TV stays On when turn it On?- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can be on for hours or seconds, no set pattern but often shuts off when handsets for other peripherals are used (non Panasonic).
Sometimes resets after one switch off/on but more often takes several attempts.TV is just two years old problem been getting worse over about six weeks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV switches off on own mostly, does not need anything else to be pressed for it to go off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- What other remotes you're referring here? - Have you tried to stop using other remotes for a while as a test to see if TV stays On or still switches Off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some remotes are Panasonic and one Logik also Sky. Have had all other machines off but problem still seems to persist.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems problem with in TV and 1 times flashing red light error code indicates problem with backlight failure, possible defective boards are either main board or LED driver board that provides high volts to backlights inside display panel, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.If warranty has been expired then please check following links to view both boards image and price info of you are looking to do-it-yourself..http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/tnph1041-a-txna1wfub-panasonic-tx-l32e6b-main-boardhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-Smart-LED-TV-TX-L32E6B-LED-Driver-Board-KLS-E320SNAHF06-6917L-0144A-/181478403359I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.