Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hey, i got a new panasonic vier a 48cx350 (48" LCD) today and

hey, i got a new panasonic vier a 48cx350 (48" LCD) today and had to return it because when i used my sky box no audio would work apart from a high pitched whining sound from the bottom right corner. i got a replacement the same day and it works now at least but still has a faint whining sound when watching through sky tv…. its driving me mad. the tv works fine when streaming netflix etc. any ideas to whats wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What type of connection cable/ cord used to connect Sky box to TV?The choices are:1- Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable.2- Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.3- HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to connect another HDMI cable in Sky box and TV as a test as existing HDMI cable could be defective?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeh, tried that… i can swap it for another cable and use different ports and its still the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was wondering if its a common issue with panasonics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No, it isn't common issue with Panasonic TV, however, Sky box could send out audio noise, have you tried to reboot Sky box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thought that myself, so I've turned my ps3 on and its doing the same thing… with the sky box off
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, two different video sources/ devices give similar whining sound noise when hooked into HDMI input of TV indicates problem with in TV and HDMI processor chip seems causing this noise. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, I would recommend to get different model at this time.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.