*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have used my amount of finger swipes to open my s5 mini.

I have used my amount of finger swipes to open my s5 mini. How do i reset an alternative password ***** access my phone, without resetting my whole phone?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a Samsung account or Google account connected to the s5?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a google account attached to my s5
Okay, thank you. If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.Then press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.The phone will now wipe all contents.Press the Power button.The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.