Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

HiMy Samsung TV is approx. 4 years old. Suddenly not

Hi My Samsung TV is approx. 4 years old. Suddenly not picking up HD from UPC box. Device can't be found...

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shahid

Model UE27D5000NW

DVD player and Homecast sat box connected

all working including usb

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. So you're getting HD from UPC box now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

That's the problem

It is switched on, obviously gets power but not picking up HD signal

when selecting source HD is greyed out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO, that's the problem

When selecting source HD is greyed out

Device not connecting, check cable connection, etc

But box is definitely getting power

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have done that

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to connect different HDMI cable between TV and cable box into any free HDMI input of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, don't have another cable

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please hook the cable box HDMI cord into different HDMI input of TV as a test to see if TV recognize it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Has been done

not working

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ok, is there any other video source hooked into HDMI input of TV besides the cable box in question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
We need to confirm HDMI inputs of TV with another video source such as DVD/Bluray player, can you please get one and connect it to TV to do the test?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This test will help to narrow down the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have another device with HDMI

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, can you get one from any friend for a while for the test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was just thinking that

Not before tomorrow though

Can I get back to you then within the 7day trial?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, question is open for your next reply, please take your time to perform the requested test which will help to diagnose the issue, if TV works with Bluray player then satellite box is cause of problem which isnm't sending out signal output due to internal failure.If TV doesn't work with bluray player then HDMI processor chip on main board of TV would be defective and cause of issue, at this point you would need to replace the main board of TV to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.