*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Whilst setting up my new Samsung galaxy j5 I have put in the

Whilst setting up my new Samsung galaxy j5 I have put in the wrong pass word I can't remember the pass word so my phone is locked. Is there any way to reset the phone
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear that happened.If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.Then press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.The phone will now wipe all contents.Press the Power button.The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.