nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

How do I backup data on my samsung galaxy S4 without having

How do I backup data on my samsung galaxy S4 without having a screen? I woke up on Christmas Eve and there was no screen. I don't want to lose my contacts or pictures.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would also like to find out how I can turn the phone on again or is it kaput?
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Take out the battery and press and hold the power button to drain off electricity that is stored in capacitors and other electronic components inside. Now put the battery back in and try to turn it on. Reply if it vibrates or you see a Samsung logo. If it does then this is possibly a hardware issue.For backing up data, you need the phone to be working or at least being recognized by your laptop/computer. But since you would have logged in through your gmail account on your phone, so when you log in to another android phone through the same account, most of your contacts will be there too.Reply if you have any query.
Reply if you need further assistance or else rate the chat to end the conversation. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had tried taking the battery out (as per my comment in my original question) but nothing happened. I have tried it again now and nothing happened. I tried holding down the power, home and up volume buttons at the same time.. but still, nothing.I didn't log into my gmail account by phone, I logged in by laptop.
No I am not talking about logging in through gmail.When you buy an android phone, you are asked to enter gmail account credentials as per Google norms. Your account is managed through your gmail account and the data is also periodically backed in that account only. So when you enter the same account on your different android phone, your data will be restored automatically if it has been backed up there. Your phone is basically bricked right now as there is some hardware issue with the power circuitry of the phone. You can call Samsung if it is under warranty and they will mend your phone for free else you can take it to local technician. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks. Wish you a great year ahead.
You can rate by clicking the stars present on the upper panel. Thanks.
Is there anything else for which you need assistance. If yes, then feel free to write back here. Else you can end the conversation by rating the service. Thank you. Cheers!
Regards,
Nathan