nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Sonyhandycam dcr-hc51 screen gone white but can see screen

Customer Question

Sonyhandycam dcr-hc51 screen gone white but can see screen threw camera can you help with whats gone wrong
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.The connection ribbons of the LCD are either loose or have broken.You can try this fix as if the ribbons are loose, this will fix the problem.1. Hold camera firmly in left hand.2. Smartly rap front of camera with knuckles of right hand on the "SONY" logo. If it is under warranty then contacting Sony would be the best option. If it is not, then you can take it to a local market and get it fixed as it is a simple fix.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has not solved problem how much would it cost to fix approx. as camcorder is 4yrs old but rarely used
It would not cost much as the problem is with the connections only. And moreover the fix is simple. It just requires dissembling the camcorder and tighten the contacts which most probably have become rusty due to dust or moisture as you said that you rarely used the camcorder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou very much can you recommend any repair place in the Southampton Hampshire area
Sony Centre29 London RoadSouthampton SO15 2AD LONDON CAMERA EXCHANGE10 High StreetSO14 2DH SouthamptonHampshire, England 4K TVWestquay, SouthamptonSO15 1QA, Southampton, GB LONDON CAMERA EXCHANGE11 Civic Centre RoadSO14 7FJ, Southampton, GB These are some of the repair centers available in your area. Hope this helps.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. You can rate by clicking the stars present on the upper panel. Thanks. Wish you a great year ahead. Cheers!
Thanks for the rating as well as bonus.It is highly appreciated.