*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

The screen timeout on both my Galaxy S6 Edge and tab 10.5 keeps

Customer Question

The screen timeout on both my Galaxy S6 Edge and tab 10.5 keeps reverting to the minimum setting despite continually reseting to a higher value. How can I stop this happening as there does not appear to be any provision to save the settings?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Is this happening while the device is coonected to a charger or is it all the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes it will hold the set time for a couple of hours but will always revert to minimum
Those settings should save automatically, the option that you select should not change.There is a different setting for the lock screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I would expect but it doesn't happen. I have tried cancelling the battery saving function but without any improvement.
Step 1: Go to Settings—Lock screen and securityStep 2: Tap Secure Lock settings Step 3: Tap Lock automatically.Step 4: Choose the timing.The default is 5 seconds. This means Galaxy S6 locks the phone 5 seconds after the screen is off. You can set screen timeout in Settings—Display —Screen timeout.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This appears to be the answer, I applied it to the S6 phone yesterday and it appears to be holding the value today so I have applied it to the tabet and will get back with the results.
thats great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately short lived, both units have reverted back to going to a setting of 1 minute. I have tried changing the settings as you suggested but it still keeps going back to 1 minute.
okay, let me check on this further for you. I will post the info asap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Early days but I may have found a possible cause, I am running Avast battery saver and have now stopped it running on both devices. Screen timeout is currently holding at 10 minutes.
Okay, hopefully that will work. Normally the default setting would override the app.