*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

HelloI have a galaxy GT 19000 and I want to unlock the vodafone

Customer Question

hello
I have a galaxy GT 19000 and I want to unlock the vodafone sim and go to three uk. I was told in new zealand that these phones were never locked in the first place. Can u advise me, please?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also didn't realise that I was paying for you service rather than an unlocking code!!! How do I get a refund please?
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.The Samsung can be used with 3 and there is no need to unlock, however if you want to keep your existing number there are some steps that you will need to follow. If you want to keep your number follow the steps below. Otherwise you can install the new sim and be ready to go.Follow these instructions to switch from Vodafone and take your mobile number with you. Contact Vodafone to request a PAC code and give notice to end your contract. Vodafone customer service can be contacted by calling 191 from your Vodaphone mobile, or from a landline on 08700 700191 for Pay Monthly customers and 08700 776655 for Pay As You Go. Vodafone will send you a letter giving you all the details within 2 working days and may also call you with it within 24 hours. Vodafone will provide your Port Authorisation Code (P.A.C) either over the phone, via email, by SMS text message, or in a letter posted to your address.A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.Your Vodafone account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Vodafone account will be automatically closed.Vodafone must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working days of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's "General Conditions of Entitlement". http://ofcom.org.ukOnce you have received your Port Authorization Code from Vodafone, look for the best Three offer that is suited to you. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** appreciate that. However, I didn't wish to pay 20 pounds just for this answer! Can you advise me as to how to get a refund?
I am sorry for any confusion, you can contact customer service for the refund.