*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My 82 year old father in law has somehow put the child lock

Customer Question

My 82 year old father in law has somehow put the child lock on his Ferguson F1050LD tv. He suffers from altzimers and doesn't know what he has done.
How can I reset and remove the child lock please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 11 months ago.
1 With the Remote switch the TV set into the "Standby" mode.12 Switch "OFF" the TV set by mains supply switch (wait until LED isdark).3 Whilst depressing the Remote "Blue ( VT)" button, switch "On" Ihe TV set using the mains supply switch.4 Release and press once again Ihe RCU "Blue (VT) " button, the "Set-Up" menu should be displayed.Important . The Service Mode cannot be entered if any equipment is connected to the Scart socket, 2. Function or Page Selection (GEOM)2.1 With the Remote Volume "+" and "-" buttons, highlight the menu containing the function to be aligned.2.2 Press the Remote "Blue (VT)" button to highlight the function to be aligned, or selected the page (1 or 2). 3. Switching between Service and TV modes 3. 1 Whilst in The Service mode, normal TV controls are disabled, to enable these controls whilst in The Service Mode (i.e.. for channel changing etc.) press the "TV" button on the Remote. To return to the Service Mode, press the "Blue (VT)" button on the RCU 4. Alignment and storing new function Value. 4.1 The current value of the selected function is displayed in a hexadecimal form to The right of the function name. This value is adjusted by means of the Remote Volume "+" and "-" buttons 4.2 To STORE the functions new value highlight MEMO and press The Remote Volume "+" button 4.3 To RESTORE the functions original value, highlight R-STO(RE) and press the Remote Volume "+" button. 4.4 Selection the ROM functions downloads the production software default values, these are not very accurate and should only be used in very special cases. Whilst in the "Service Mode" ,a long press (more than 3s) of the Remote "|0" button, will reset the TV to the "factory default conditions.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am unable to try out your response until tomorrow morning. Can I rate and respond then?
Yes, that will be fine.
Let me know if you need anything.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately they do not have a RCU for the Ferguson tv only a Bush remote for the box. This does not have a blue VT button
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I reset the tv child lock by using the manual buttons on the side of the TV ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately they do not have a remote control unit for thr Ferguson tv Can I reset the child lock using the manual buttons on the side of the TVS?
The lock must be on the device that they use for programming. Do they have a sky box?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Sky box just a small free view Bush box
okay, try to reset the Bush Digital Box to the original factory settings, select the ‘Factory Default’ option in the menu. Warning all settings and channels stored will be erased? Confirmation Yes No ? 2 Select ‘Yes’ in the box that displays and then press the OK button. 3 You will need to enter the correct password ***** the password ***** when prompted by the ‘Password’ box. Try 0000If this fails let me know the model number of the bush box please.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!