michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Over two and a half years ago, I bought daughter

Over two and a half years ago, I bought for my daughter a Fujifilm XF1. I chose Fuji having previously bought, for myself,the X100 which I am very happy with and it continues to produce excellent results.
About a month ago my daughter's XF! suddenly stopped working and now displays "lens control error" when switched on. I am advised that this was a well known problem and is caused by a failure of the lens focusing motor arising from a faulty batch of these motors. Her camera is outside warrenty and I would like to know if there is a fix and whether or not it is worth repairing. If so, who do I send the camera to?
The camera Serial number is :3AQ03613. Your advice would be much appreciated.
Regards ***** ***** Duffell
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Fujifilm XF1 cameraFirst, reset the camera to factory default settings. On most Fuji cameras like the X100T, XT1, and XT10, you’ll press MENU > Go to setup 1 (the wrench with a “1” next to it) > and then click RESET > OK. Wait 30 seconds after the reset has finished.Turn the camera off and try to tap it few times from the sides gentlyNext, take the battery out of the camera and leave the battery out for a FULL 2 minutesTurn the camera back on and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late response. I have tried these actions but so far no success. I have also tried an clean air aerosol jet to try and dislodge any debris that might be lodged in either the zoom or focus function. No change. Error message appears as soon as camera is turned on. However,on one occasion the error message message did not appear immediately but did so as soon as I moved the camera to a different viewing position. This suggests to me that it is either the focus control or the lens aperture function that is probably at fault. Dick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the camera to a local photo shop and was advised by the shop assistant that I should forget a repair and by a new camera. This annoyed me- hence my approach to your organisation
The problem is related to the lens movement motor which is used while zooming however sensors send message the camera processor that fault is with the lens however it can be the sensor as well need a clear diagnostic after the the camera is opened and gets checked using multi volt meter.
In case of hardware failure i can tell you what part has faulted and what section could be the problem but the fault can onky be fixed after repair or replacement of the faulted part. I hope you understand hardware issue cannot be fixed on chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response. You suggest that the problem is with the lens movement motor while zooming. I do not believe that this model in the X range has such a feature. Zooming is controlled manually by rotating the lens. this action also energises the power to the camera. I understand that there is a lens motor but it probably only controls focus and, perhaps, aperture. Are you able to tell me what failure modes are sensed that trigger this "lens control error" message on this rather unique model?Although I probably have the necessary tools and instruments including several multi meters both digital and analogue, I was hoping that there was some guidance on gaining access to the faulty parts. With the high labour costs of repairs in this country, the photo shop salesman is probably right and I should dump it and buy a replacement.Regards, Dick
check out the video link attachedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ey5n2Ehg0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. I had already just found this video and watched the camera's destruction with interest. Clearly, design for maintenance is not high on Fuji's agenda. Being realistic, my experience with cameras is linked to vintage models where repair prospects were quite good. Not so for this model.I'll have to buy another camera for my daughter. Perhaps the XQ1!!Regards, Dick
I would suggest you to opt for a new camera rather repairing.You may check the repair price and then you may decide upon opting a new camera or to get this repaired Thanks for using justanswer.Regards, Michelle