*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My son is looking to buy gaming laptop mainly games

my son is looking to buy gaming laptop mainly for pc games and steam account,can you advise me on what make is best and what size hard drive he needs etc i have looked at a few but they vary so much in price and i dont understand most of the technical jargon. the lat laptop he had was an acer aspire and we have had nothing but problems since buying it. everyone we speak to recommends there most expensive make and we dont want to make the same mistake as with the acer. we are looking to spend up to £1000 which is another mind field do have to spend more to get a decent laptop that will last and do we even need a gaming pc in particular as some sites say you dont.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
I would look for these specs, the brand is not as important because the internal components make up the laptop.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB > needs this for display quality for all internet streaming games4th Generation Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60 GHz) fast processor for no lag while streaming8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD or 256 SSD15.6" FHD 1920 x 1080Here is a list of models with those specs for under £1000ASUS X550JX-DB71ASUS X751LX-DH71(WX)ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71Dell Inspiron i7559-763
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you