*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

MY PANASONIC HOME CINEMA SYSTEM HAS STOPPED READING ANY DISCS.

MY PANASONIC HOME CINEMA SYSTEM HAS STOPPED READING ANY DISCS. the notice just says there is no disc in
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the model number of the Panasonic please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SA-BTT370 home cinema 3D 5.1
okay, thank you. Have you tried a different disc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried blu ray and dvd discs and it will not recognise that the disc is in the system
okay, lets try a power reset first>unplug the power from the outlet for 5 minutes. Then while unplugged press the power button on the player for 60 seconds. Then reconnect power and wait 1-2 minutes and then try a known good disc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well done it has played a dvd. i will however have to try a blu ray. that will be a few minutes to get one
it will not read the blu ray!!!!!
okay, if it does not read the bluray that could be a firmware issue. >>PLEASE CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW THE STEPS TO UPDATE PLEASE<<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the link does not connect? it says the url is miss typed?
sorry about that.TRY THIS ONE<<<
the update will most likely get it working correctly. Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the firmware update is the same as is already on there. 1.59. it will not update as it is already at that point.
the blu ray is still not recognised
okay, do you have another bluray disc that you can try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes but i get the same result
okay, the firmware is usually the issue. Since that is updated then the next likely cause is the BluRay laser.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that terminal?
it can be repaired or replaced but the cost is usually close to replacement with refurbished/used unit.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SC-BTT370EBK-Blu-ray-Home-Cinema/dp/B004TEYFRW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1451674791&sr=8-5&keywords=panasonic+home+cinema
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well thats hobsons choice. everything else works which seems a shame to bin it all just because the bluray doesn't work.
but thankyou for your help