TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

I do have a sumsung UHD 4K and I have lost all my freeview

Customer Question

I do have a sumsung UHD 4K and I have lost all my freeview channels and I still have my BT sport channels are ok
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 11 months ago.
Have you tried a second TV at the 4K's aerial connection? The reason I ask that is, if the rest of your TVs in your home work, but your 4K TV does not, it could be a problem with the TV or the wire feeding your signal to the 4K TV. Only way to test that is by moving another TV to the 4K's aerial and verifying a good signal on it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the email and I have got only one 4K TV and it is only six months old and I live in a flats of nine and I have check the rooftop aerial and it is standing okay and firm and not coming apart.I do have a small BT youview box and the only thing that work is the internet channel and not the freeview channel and it is got a smart TV and does not work either!!! I have tried auto tunning many times but still no freeview channel and all it said weak or no signal but the BT sport Channel had a very good picture and sound so I have lives in my flat for 21 years with no problem until now.I hope I have given you a enough info for now,Thanks.
Well you have thrown a curve...that BT sport channel could be coming from the box which explains why you get only that channel, and we still don't have an answer about your aerial being ok or not. Your flat could have a bad splitter, and the rest of the tenants would be getting good signal while you don't get any signal. To replace the main board without that information would be costly, but if you want to go that route..Then we remove the TV's rear cover.Is your 4K a Flat or curved 4k? With a curved 4K, you lay it face down on an cushioned ottoman, flat 4Ks can go on a padded floor or table to remove all the screws. Some models have an access panel which makes it easier to work on, others you have to begin removing the stand first, then remove the entire cover.Then you look at the board that has all the input jacks on it. That's the main board and has a bar-coded sticker on the board. You find your part number on that. It usually starts with BN, has 6 or 7 numbers, and finishes with one alphabet. Look at the picture I posted below for that information.NOW WITH ALL THAT INFORMATIONLet's see if the BT Box or the TV is bad.When you attempt to change channel or autotune it, are you using your Samsung remote at the time or the BT remote? That should tell you which unit has the bad tuner.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the Email and I do have a Flat 4K TV.The Rooftop Aerial is ok and it is standing ok and it is firm and not falling apart or anything like that so that is ok.When I attempt to autotune to change the channel on my Samsung remote and the BT remote and both of them do not work only internet channel for BT and no freeview channel so I am hoping that the BT box is bad and only had the BT box for six months.I hope I have given you enough info.
So both the BT box's channels and the TV's channels are gone? Both were getting the same exact channels ?Or is the BT getting different channels??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the Email.I do have the BT sport Channels and they are okay and the freeview channels are gone so it is the freeview channels that is gone so I can't auto tune to get the free channels back on.It could be the BT youview box is not working and the internet channels are okay and picture perfect.I look forward to hear from you soon.
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 10 months ago.
Ok, sounds like your main board with all the input jacks are bad. That's the one that has your TV's aerial connector on it. If it's only 6 months old, Samsung should replace it for free. Did you contact Samsung to get free service in your area? They'll direct you to the nearest authorized service center, and they call you to set up an appointment. You tell them your TV tuner lost all channels and you can't autotune them to store the channels, and tell them you do get BT sports on your BT box. That will inform them your aerial should be ok, and they may make the decision to pre-order the main board and then make one visit to your home, instead of 2 visits. No need to repair it yourself.