Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a TX-48CX400B TV but when I connect Xbox One via HDMI

I have a TX-48CX400B TV but when I connect Xbox One via HDMI the screen flickers at the top. any help with this.?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you connect it to one of the other HDMI slots on the TV, do you still get the flickering?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I've tried all the slots and enabled full HDMI in the menu screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I want to rule out the TV or console as the issue. if you connect it to a different TV, do you still have the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Console works fine on my old Sony Bravia 32"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket)
Then wait 5 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me how it now displays please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope still doing it, its at the top of the screen a 3 inch deep fluctuating bar across the screen every 30s-1min.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to the Settings, Picture Menu.
Choose Reset and once done, tell me if the picture then improves please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hitting the reset doesn't seem to activate anything, should something happen?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will reset the settings for you.
If nothing happened, go to Restore and retune Menu contents, and then choose First time installation
Tell me if it then resets (you should need to retune the channels again).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a little better but still as some flickering, if it continues i'll send it back for a refund as its only 2weeks old.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it points to an issue with the TV as you indicate it works with the older TV, so the cable is ok as is the xbox. Plus we ruled out the ports as you tried multiple ports so it indicates the mainboard as the issue.
There is nothing further you can do, and if its 2 weeks old, I would not wait till it gets worse, but get it replaced now, as this should not be happening.
Its a fault with the TV and they are going to need to replace the motherboard to resolve this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.