Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Sony Bravia TV KDL-65W855A. I have run my Amazon

I have a Sony Bravia TV KDL-65W855A. I have run my Amazon Instant Video account successfully on this model since i bought it a year ago. The last time i updated for cocntent ( following prompt when i switched on the tv, a not unusual request) i was asked to log in to my amazin account again. I plugged in my details, i know they were correct but i now caanot access the Amazon account on the TV and i keep being asked to log in - but no log in screen is appearing. I have switched off and back on again several times but the same message keeps coming up. Please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power to the TV from the mains and then wait 5 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me if the log in screen now shows please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid not- when i click on the amazon app, it takes me to a screen whoch says " your Aa,azon Instant Video app has been updated. Please sign in." When i click okay, it atkes me apback to the same screen i started with - so i am in a loop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are you still online?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we will need to try to roll back the update by resetting the TV.
This will remove all content and return the TV to new like when you first received it. If the base app has not been updated, it will be the original app as this one has a bug in it that's specific to your TV.
To do the reset will differ per firmware versions, but go to Settings, And locate Reset or Reset to Factory or Shipping conditions.
Run this and once done, setup the TV again like when you first received it and tell me if the App now functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, we did all that but it is still in the same loop on the Amazon App
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Its updated the base app, so we cannot restore it and its a bug within the App for your TV, so you will need to wait until they have rolled out an update once they have been made aware of the issue.
In the meantime, do you have a playstation, Wii, Xbox or a blueray player connected to the TV?
As we can run the App from this.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do not have anything else connected to the TV that i could run the app on. I could buy a fire tv stick - would that work? When you talk about an update being needed is this a Sony isue or an Amazin issue. I don't understand how it has suddenly stopped working when it was fine before. Jann
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
A fire TV stick will work.
The update is an Amazon issue, they did not test it correctly.
It suddenly stopped working when an update was received.
But obtaining a Fire TV stick will resolve this and avoid it ever happening (as opposed to testing ever TV which has the App which is not possible, Amazon are always able to test that the Fire Stick is working with there next update to be released).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually that is nonsense - i do have a blue ray player Panasonic. Will that work?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the model of the player please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isDMP-BDT130EB Smart 3D
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** and it does not have an app store, so its not able to install apps, it will not be possible on this model sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - back to questions. Wy di it happen suddenly and is the software iissue an A,azon or a Sony one. Which update do i need to wait for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And would a fire tv stick work? Or have the same issue?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I did answer that before, but I think you missed it, no problem, Ill repeat it again.
A fire TV stick will work.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** stick it will be. Bvery annoying but at least i can stop trying now i know what the issue is. Thanks for your helpJANN