Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung tv switches on however the screen starts to flicker

Customer Question

Hi my Samsung tv switches on however the screen starts to flicker and flash then goes blank the model number is ***** CAN YOU HELP
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard followed your instructions I have sound but no picture
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal backlight or mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have a diagnostics run and the component from the two that'S at fault, replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard the warranty has run out so I will have to pay as the TVs is worth about 200 would it be cheaper to replace