Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My tv has just lost picture

my tv has just lost picture
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the TV please and if you still get sound with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is LG AKB73715801and yes we still get sound
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the power to the TV and then on the TV hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me if you now get sound please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the picture stays on for 2 seconds and then goes off
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal powerboarrd that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. We have also rule out residue power as the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.