Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can you upscale a dvd player to play region 1 discs

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It depends on the DVD player. Can you tell me the make and model of your DVD player please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will depend on the firmware you have installed, complete the below procedure and tell me if this changed it for you please.
Do the following on the original remote
a) Press Option
b) Press 2 7 0 8 one after other
c) Presss any one (and only one) of 1/2/3/4/5/6 to set DVD region code
d) Press any one (and only one) of 1/2/3 to set the BD region code
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No It didn't work. I will try again later.
Many Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will then need this special remote then to do this, it will set the DVD to region free.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-DVD-Blu-ray-player-multi-region-hack-remote-/110602620681?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_DVDPlayers_Recorders&hash=item19c06e0f09&clk_rvr_id=373023161474&afsrc=1&clk_rvr_id=962098230522&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true
All You Need To Do Is To Follow The Instructions Which The Seller Provides.But You Don't Really Need To Read Anything It Takes Seconds And All You Do It Hold Down One Button For 10 Seconds To The Green Light Stops Lighting Up
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.