*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I am giving my 10 inch Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet to a friend.

I am giving my 10 inch Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet to a friend. Will a factory reset before handing it over be sufficient, or do I need to delete all my details ? What is the correct procedure?
I would appreciate any help you can offer!!
Best regards
Ray *********
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. yes, the factory reset will wipe everything and the tablet will be as it was when new out of the box. That is all you need to do before giving it away.From any Home screen, tap Apps.Tap Settings.Tap Backup and reset.Tap to clear the Automatic restore check box, if necessary.Note: You must disable ‘Automatic restore’ before you disable ‘Back up my data.’Tap to clear the Back up my data check box, if necessary.Tap OK, if necessary.Tap Factory data reset.Tap Reset device.Tap Erase everything.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
I will rate your answer as soon as I have carried out your instructions!
sounds good,Let me know if you need anything.