Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Just bought the DMR -EX97EB and find there is no clock display

Customer Question

Just bought the DMR -EX97EB and find there is no clock display when unit is turned off.
I have tried turning screen saver on but no difference.
Is this how it should be?
John Henshaw
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The screensaver is for the TV, so it changes the signal on the TV if it sits on one picture for a long time (to avoid burn in).
Unfortunately, there is no setting to keep the clock on when it is turned off, it is the way it was developed sorry John.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
When I wrote to you I had not studied the handbook. This unit had been purchased by a friend. A most odd part is when you study the Troubleshooting part of the manual there is the answer to getting the clock to display. Very badly written manual.
How can I rate your help?
John