Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a Toshiba TV/DVD combo Model: 32D 1333DB and inadvertedly

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba TV/DVD combo Model: 32D 1333DB and inadvertedly pressed some buttons on the remote and now it says that channels can't be found - help!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Unplug the power cable from the Tv/dvd and leave it powered off for 10 to 15 mins, remove the batteries from the remote and let it rest for 10 mins. Reconnect the power cable and power on the tv from the tv power button, insert the batteries in the remote and you are all set to reuse it back again. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MichelleWhile I'm waiting to see if it works, how can I ensure that this is a one off payment only? I don't want to pay monthly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
its depends what service you have opted for however if you have any billing related question you can contact customer care.
when you turn on the tv what happens are you able to use the tv buttons fine or the remote is not responding let me know the problem a bit more in details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It keeps coming up with "Can't find channels".Also it is connected to a Youview freeview box and is not responding to that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't access the TV with the remote other than the menu
unplug all the video cables and any other device to the tv and make sure only one device is connected either dvd the the set top box and then try to operate the functions on the remote and let me know if it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's still not working.Have you encountered this problem before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I still be charged if the problem isn't sorted out?
yes i do.Press the menu button and look for a settings icon it may differ on different models however it looks like a ring select the icon from the arrow keys or the tv and enter to get into the submenu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already tried that many, many times and have tried reinstalling the channels, which doesn't work!
i will open the question to other experts for there input and views.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MichelleI pressed a button on the remote (source) and it suddenly sprung into life!Thanks for your help, but I actually sorted it out myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've sorted the problem out myself, so won't need any further help - thanks.