*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Model SC-PT170 Home Theater system stuck on max volume (50

Model SC-PT170 Home Theater system stuck on max volume (50)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
If the person hasn't shared their contact info with you""Contact request pending"And the icon mean that you have been DELETED from that person's contact list. You can still send them messages, phone calls, and they will see them. If you do, you will appear in "Recent actions" tab next to the Contact list tab. If you don't, well that person will never see you. You'll NOT see their local time and/or Contact count if they have it set to Contacts only. If they have it set to Private, well you wouldn't see it no matter what lol.You will also NOT see their mood message, as they are not considered on your contact list vice/versa You also appear as a grey "?" for them in that "Recent Actions" tab. That person can still click on the "Accept this contact" blue button on top of a conversation with you if you still have that person in YOUR contact list.IF you delete that person as well, that person, and you, will need to send a new friend request. When you are BLOCKED HOWEVER, you ALWAYS see that person OFFLINE.You can still see their previous profile picture and mood messages, but can't see new ones until they unblock you.If you try to send them messages, you won't have a notification, and they will NOT receive them.You will still see their profileHowever, the moment they unblock you, AND send you ONE message, they will see the messages you sent them while you were blocked, retroactively (ie: above their message they just sent you)If you send them a message after they unblocked you, but they don't reply, they still won't see the previous messages sent while you were blocked.If you try to send a phone call, it will act as if they were offline: "Phone call: No answer" automatic failure after 5-10 seconds. Meaning they can't even see it nor reply to it.The person that blocked you can also NOT send you messages nor phone calls. Source: I spent an hour doing tests between two skype accounts, you can do the same with windows+R to open the Run Command Prompt and typeWindows 32 bits: "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondaryWindows 64 bits: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary Tl;dr If you are deleted you will see but can still send and receive messages and phone calls, if you are blocked you will see that person offline 24/7 and they will not see your messages nor phone calls.There is no way to know for SURE if you are blocked.
you may check this link from skpye officially. http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/How-to-tell-if-a-friend-deleted-you-from-his-her-contact-list/m-p/88798#M634
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE DISREGARD THE POST ABOVEThere was an error in the system. The first steps to take on your Panasonic home theatre with the volume stuck will be a power reset. Follow these steps please. Unplug the power cord from the Panasonic for 15 minutes.Then after the power cord has been disconnected for the 15 minutes press and hold each button on the front of the Panasonic for 10 seconds. Then repeat pressing and holding the buttons three times. Then reconnect the power cord and check for normal operation. Let me know how it goes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I followed your instructions but to no effect Display window on unit continues to show - VOL 50
okay, unfortunately that means the volume control circuit has failed. What is the approximate purchase date please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unit was purchased 5 or 6 years ago
okay, you can get that to a Panasonic service centre >PLEASE CLICK HERE TO LOCATE ONE NEAREST YOU<another option will be to purchase a unit that is compatible with your speakers and continue using the same speakers.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.