michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

MY PRINTER, STYLUS PHOTO PX730WD, HAS SENT A MESSAGE SAYING THAT THE INK PAD IS DEAD. WHA

MY PRINTER, STYLUS PHOTO PX730WD, HAS SENT A MESSAGE SAYING THAT THE INK PAD IS DEAD. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? CAN I BUY A REPLACEMENT AND INSTALL IT AT HOME OR DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE PRINTER TO THE TECHNICIAN TO RELACE IT? IS IT VERY EXPENSIVE? I LIVE IN SPAIN.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youIs this the first time that you have got the ink pad message
Ink pads basically absorb excess ink.Ink gets settled in the pads during the initial setup for printing as well as for cleaning and printing border-less snaps. For most of the low volume printer users, Windows will not display the error message. If printer usage is high and has been used for many years, the Epson Error Message is displayed. In case the pads gets full, there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer causing further damage and would need to be replacedNow there is a reset utility that you may run on the computer to reset the ink counter which will let you use the printer further.It can be downloaded by clicking herehowever its best to replace the ink pads and in case the unit is within warranty you can get it replaced by contacting EpsonIf out of warranty, you may order online or buy from any epson authorised service centeri am listing the link of once such ink pad part available on amazonthe part would come with instructions on how to replacehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-PX700W-PX730WD-Compatible-Waste/dp/B006EOO9EY
let me know if you have any questionsI hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloCustomerThank you for responding. It was the 3rd message that I had received from the printer.
Does this link you've sent me also apply to a Mac? (They usually only for PC´s).
Let me know as soon as possible, thanking you
no the reset link applies only for windows pcfurther since you said that this is the 3rd time you have got it, its best to replace the ink pad to avoid ink spillage within the printeryou may order online or buy from any epson authorised service centeri am listing the link of once such ink pad part available on amazonthe part would come with instructions on how to replacehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-PX700W-PX730WD-Compatible-Waste/dp/B006EOO9EYlet me know if you have any questionsI hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I've just ordered the replacement from Amazon. I HOPE it works on a MAC.
yes it should work.