Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Is my new Sony KDL-40R553CBU enabled to receive data from my

Is my new Sony KDL-40R553CBU enabled to receive data from my existing Youview recorder ?
If so, how do I do it
Regards DW
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It can connect to the youview box. You cannot the Youview box to one of the hdmi ports on the TV then switch the TV source to the HDMI channel.
You can then view the contents of the Youview box like you did with your previous TV.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard.
Did you miss out a word or two in the third paragraph :
i.e. You cannot the Youview box to one of the hdmi ports on the TV then switch the TV source to the HDMI channel.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the editor auto corrected the word cannot, it should be connect
It can connect to the youview box. You CONNECT the Youview box to one of the hdmi ports on the TV then switch the TV source to the HDMI channel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard.
That works fine. I have also made an ethernet connection to my browser which links everything up very well.
Thanks again
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome David
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.