Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Lumia 365. How do I download photos to my HP laptop?

I have a Lumia 365. How do I download photos to my HP laptop? Previously I have used Npkia Suite, but this does not work Please help.
Ron Sampson
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which version of windows you have please Ron?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First, pick up your Lumia 635 and unlock it. If you have a passcode on your device you’ll need to enter that now.
Welcome to the Start Screen. Typically this is where you’re able to quickly and easily access the apps installed on your phone. Look for the Settings tile represented by a large cog. By default, many of the versions of the Lumia 635 being sold don’t include the Settings app directly on the Start Screen. Place your finger anywhere on your screen and swipe to the left to reveal a list of all the apps installed on your Lumia 635.
Scroll down to the S and tap on Settings to open the app.
Tap on Applications.
Look for Photos + Camera in the list and tap on it.
Inside the Photos + Camera screen scroll down to the bottom area that houses Auto Upload. Tap on it.
Turn on Photo uploading. Tap on Best Quality. Do the same for videos.
How to Move Photos from the Lumia 635 to Your PC
From this point on, every picture you take or video you record will be uploaded to Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service. This means, that you won’t need to purchase a USB cable because your Lumia 635 will upload the best version of each photo and video you capture automatically.
In order for this to work seamless there is one catch. You’ll need to have a Wi-Fi connection at home. Typically, if you have a smartphone than you’ve already got wireless internet at home, but any wireless internet connection will do. If you don’t have a wireless network that you can use, go back to the Photos + Videos area and choose Good Quality instead. This will allow your Lumia 635 to upload photos on your wireless data connection being. Just note, that data charges will apply and they won’t look as good as if they’d been uploaded over Wi-Fi.
Getting to those Photos
Now that you have your photos being uploaded to Microsoft’s servers wirelessly, you need to access them from your PC so that you can upload them to Facebook or save them for your enjoyment later. As it turns out, this is actually the easiest part of all. For this to go well, you’ll need to know the username and password ***** the Microsoft Account that you used to setup your Lumia 635. For most Microsoft Account owners this is the same username and password ***** they use for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 8 and Outlook email.
Go to your PC
Open your web browser, and go to OneDrive.com. No, this doesn’t have to be a Microsoft-made web browser. Safari, Chrome and Firefox all work pretty well with OneDrive.
Click on the Sign In button in the top-right corner.
Now, put in that username and password ***** the Microsoft Account that you used when setting up your Windows Phone.
Welcome to OneDrive. Don’t worry if your OneDrive area doesn’t look as crowded as ours does. Look for the folder labeled Camera Roll. Click on it to open it.
For now on go here to get at the pictures and video you’ve taken with your Lumia 635. Right click on any picture or video to download it to your PC or Mac for safe keeping.
Happy picture-taking, and remember to connect to a Wi-Fi network every so often if you’re worried about losing some of your photos. Of course, there’s still that option to purchase a USB cable too and upload your pictures directly to your computer too.
This then completes the process
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no Applications on the list!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You have no applications at all on your phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on the settings app
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The word applications does not appear on the settings list
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It should have apps listed, at the least the built in ones.
You see it like this picture correct?
Click me to open