Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a horizontal shaded line on my samsung led 9000 tv.

Customer Question

I have a horizontal shaded line on my samsung led 9000 tv. It is always horizontal, and occupies from 1/5 to 1/3 of the bottom part of the screen. I have thought it might have something to do with wire interference, so have unplugged and untangled wires and re-set. While the size of the horizontal section varies, it doesn't leave.
FYI, it started a couple months ago. At first, we could turn off the tv and turn it back on again and it would disappear. Now it is constant, just varying in depth based on no particular pattern I can discern.
Regards,
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV, if possible?2- How old is the TV and still under warranty?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid.It is UE55D8000YU, 55purchased 06.05.11. It is minimum 4 years old, therefore, I am pretty certain out of warranty. I have the bill of sale, but tbh, the small type and light grey is a pain to read. I didn't purchase any extended warranty.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't have good news about TV issue, unfortunately it is symptom of failing display panel (screen) and nothing can be done to fix it except to replace entire screen of TV which would cost more than new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV at this point.I trust my input will help you out though you wont like to hear it. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you. I will ned to speak to a samsung representative to find out if it can only be a failing screen and not something else. Because the line is moving around a d. Ot fixed, it seems to me it could be something ntaginising it. Once I confirmed will fillow up.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please take your time.Thanks.