Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Samsung J5 and I keep getting 'not registered on the

I have a Samsung J5 and I keep getting 'not registered on the network'. How can I fix this please? Karen
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hello Karen,
First you need to find out what is the reason behind this "not registered on network" error coming out of your Samsung Smartphone.
1. Check whether you have installed any new firmware on your Samsung Smartphone. If you did then the installed firmware may have been the wrong one, and this can cause the "not registered on network" error.
To resolve this you will need to reinstall the correct Stock ROM (firmware) for your Smartphone and install it using Odin.
Also check whether you have recently rooted your Samsung Smartphone or installed any custom ROM. If you did, again the solution is same please install it with Stock ROM (firmware).
If none of the above solutions or causes are not concerning you then please see the following steps to fix this error message:
1. Go to Settings->Wireless and networks->Mobile Networks->Network mode there select "WCDMA only".
2. Now restart your device and go back to Settings->Wireless and networks->Mobile Networks->select your Network Operator. Select the correct network operator and check whether your issue is resolved.
If the issue is still there then please change the Network mode to "GSM Only" and check whether the issue is resolved.
Let me know how you get on...
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
I tried all of those things and it still didn't fix it. However I have found out that I was not the only one in my row of houses to be experiencing the problem. It seems to be fine now since Bt did some work on the roadside near my house. Thanks very much. I will rate your answer. Many thanks Karen